I found this take on Chloe from The Elven Warrior’s blog and thought it had some really fun questions!
PS it makes my eye twitch that there are only 19 questions…
1. How many books are too many in a series?
It absolutely depends on the series. However, once a series ends, I absolutely do not want it revived. I don’t like when books are added to a series years later.
2 How do you feel about cliff-hangers?
Love-hate relationship for sure. I love a good cliffhanger but it’s so hard to wait a year or more to find out what happens next! It’s why I usually wait until a series is complete before I pick it up.
3. Hardback or paperback?
Paperbacks ❤️ But I have no patience so my hardback collection has grown.
4. Favorite book?
All time favorite is Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
5. Least favorite book?
I’m not shy about DNF-ing so I usually won’t finish a book I don’t like. But for books I read in full… it’s a toss up between The Dinner by Herman Koch and A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray.
6. Love Triangle… Yes or No?
Yes. I know it’s “cool” to hate on love triangles but I’m all for them. Give me all the angst.
7. The most recent book you couldn’t finish?
Don’t hate me. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. I just can’t get into the series and finally gave up.
8. A book you’re currently reading?
I’m listening to the audiobook of A Study in Charlotte for the OWLs readathon!
9. The last book you recommended to someone?
In person? Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.
10. Oldest book you’ve read (based on publication date)?
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
11. Newest book you’ve read (based on publication date)?
Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennet – which is releasing on April 16th!
12. Favorite author?
Taylor Jenkins Reid.
13. Buying books or borrowing them?
Both have their time and place. I love owning books I love but I also use my library weekly.
14. A book you dislike that everyone else loves?
Six of Crows. Again… I just don’t get it..
15. Bookmarks or dog-ears?
Dog ear. Come at me.
16. A book you can reread over and over?
Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. I used to reread this book every few months as a teen.
17. Can you read while listening to music?
I can listen to quiet, piano music. But definitely nothing too loud or with words.
18. Multiple POVs or one POV?
I actually have no preference as long as it makes sense and fits the story.
19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days on average?
Multiple days for sure. Finding a large block of time to just sit and read is rare in my life. But I make it a priority to read for at least an hour before bed. So most books take me a few days to complete.
Feel free to do this tag if you haven’t yet!! I’d love to see your answers 😊