Title: A Pizza My Heart (Slice #1)
Author: Teagan Hunter
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Edition/Pages: E-book, 245 pages
I received an arc of this from the author via Wildfire Marketing Solution in exchange for an honest review
Foster just moved back home after a disaster of a divorce and is crashing on his best friends couch. Four years ago he ran off with a near stranger. But now he’s done running away from his problems and ready to tell the girl of his dreams how he really feels. But that girl has stuck him tightly in the friend zone.
Wren works at The Slice, the pizzeria her father owns. When she sees Foster for the first time in 4 years she’s furious at him. But after 4 miserable dates at The Slice, Wren begrudgingly agrees to fake date Foster to give him some pointers.
But things don’t stay fake for long.
Ugh this book was SO good!
This is told in dual perspectives from Foster and Wren’s POV. This is a friends to lovers, and brother’s best friend romance. It’s super low angst, low drama. With tons of sexual tension and classic Teagan Hunter snark.
Content Warnings: Cheating, Divorce, Death of a parent
What I Liked
- Teagan Hunter writes some of the funniest romances. I can’t imagine ever not falling in love with one of her books. And this book was no exception. I love the wit and snark of the female lead, Wren.
- I loved these characters. Hunter writes such likable and relatable characters which means I always connect to them so quickly and strongly. I loved not only the 2 main characters but all the side characters as well – Wren’s family, the co-workers at the slice, etc. And I can’t wait for the next book!!
- I’m in love with Foster. Ugh this whole romance was so swoony from start to finish. I loved Foster and Wren’s backstories and their chemistry was off the charts.
- I needed a cold shower half way through from the insane sexual tension. Serious I’m sweaty just thinking about it. So good.
- There is no big fight/reconciliation at the end which I really appreciated. I’ve been reading so many romances lately that have a big blowup 30 pages before the end then everything is swiftly wrapped up with a HEA. I loved that this book was just their slow burn romance. No angst or unnecessary drama. It made it the perfect binge read.
- Um that dedication and author note melted my heart.
What I Didn’t Like
Literally nothing. This book is beyond adorable and 100% swoon worthy.
If you need the perfect beach romance – this is it. I read the entire thing in a single sitting because I couldn’t put this down. These characters will steal your heart from page 1. I can’t recommend this adorable romance enough.