Happy tag Thursday! Time for another spooky Halloween tag 🎃
I have no idea who the original creator of this tag is so if you know please drop their link in the comments below! ♥
1. What goes bump in the night? Name a book that has legitimately scared you while reading it.
The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
I didn’t totally love this book but in true Ruth Ware fashion, the setting was so. dang. spooky. This house creeped me the heck out and I was definitely on edge while I was reading this.
2. Jack O’ Lanterns and Classic Costumes: A book you always reach for during Halloween time.
I don’t re-read books so this doesn’t really apply. But I do rewatch movies! I shared some of my favorites that I rewatch every year earlier this month.
3. Black Cats and Magic Mirrors: A book you love that is laced with superstition and/or magic.
Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand
This book is so spooky. So supernatural. And one of my favorite books the year.
4. Witch’s Brew: Favorite witch character in any book/series.
I’m gonna be basic and choose Hermione. I just love her and this series.
5. Ghouls and Ghosts: A book that still haunts you to this day (good or bad).
The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
When I originally read this I only gave this 4 stars. But to this day I still think about how amazing and spooky this book was. It’s so rare for a book to stay with me like this. So if you haven’t picked this up, do it!!
6. Haunted Graveyard: You’re all alone in a haunted graveyard, you get ONE book to give you comfort, which is it?
Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
So much pressure!! I decided to choose this because 1) it’s long and 2) it’s so flipping adorable that it might bring me some sense of comfort.
7. The Undead: Favorite supernatural creatures to read about (i.e. vampires, zombies, werewolves, etc).
None 😅 I actually really read or enjoy supernatural/paranormal characters or books.
8. In the dead of night: Pick a book with a black cover.
I’m planning to try and read this in November and my body is ready.
If you want to do this tag consider yourself tagged!