I’m overdue for a book tag!
I found this tag on Mara’s Folded Pages and absolutely had to do it – considering I’m completely obsessed with Halsey.
1. ASHLEY: a book with great character development.
I loved Gavin’s character development throughout this! And I loved how him and Thea grew as a couple!
2. CLEMENTINE: a book with mental illness representation.
This book looks heavily at depression. Book 1 is all about the male MC coming to terms with his depression and from what I understand (I haven’t read it yet) book 2 takes place years later have he went to California for help with him mental illness. This is definitely a heavy, tough read but I thought it was also a really great look at what it’s like to live with and know someone battling depression.
3. GRAVEYARD: a horror book.
I’m going for a controversial pick for this one. A LOT of people hate this book. But personally, this was one of the most terrifying and disturbing books I’ve ever read. Tread lightly with this one, it’s extremely graphic and has to do with the end of the world. But it’s also a book I will think about forever.
4. YOU SHOULD BE SAD: a book with a morally grey character.
Both main characters in this are super morally grey! And it made me love this fantasy romance even more.
5. FOREVER (IS A LONG TIME): a book with an immortal character or one that chases after immortality.
This is an absolutely amazing paranormal angel romance series. I love Raphael.
6. I HATE EVERYBODY: a book with a grumpy character who’s soft inside.
This describes Stoker to a T. And I love him. Also read this series, it’s absolutely amazing.
7. 3AM: a book that you stayed up to finish.
I started this book before bed to wind down and ended up reading the entire thing in one sitting. Teagan Hunter’s book are just so engaging and readable that I always want to read them in one sitting.
8. WITHOUT ME: a book with a toxic and/or abusive relationship (no matter its nature).
I just finished this book recently so it was the first thing that came to mind. The husband at the beginning of this was definitely both toxic and emotionally abusive.
9. FINALLY/BEAUTIFUL STRANGER: a book with the second chance trope.
I did an entire post about some second chance romances I recently read! But this one I’m really excited to read next month! I recently read the prequel novella and it got me so excited for this book!
10. KILLING BOYS: a book with a revenge story.
“Killing Boys” pretty much sums up this entire book.
11. MORE: a book with an intergenerational story.
This is told in dual timelines following a woman in the present day and her aunt 35 years in the past. It’s also a super spooky and atmospheric thriller!
12. STILL LEARNING: a book about a celebrity, either real or fictional.
I actually don’t normally like books about celebrities but this one follows the son of the first female president and the Prince of Wales and it is one of my favorite books of all time. It has the most precious romance and lots of heartwarming family vibes.
13. 929: A memoir or a biography.
I think this is the only one I’ve ever read and it was also one of the most traumatizing books I’ve ever read. Holy cow did I sobbed my eyes out.