Time for another spooky book tag!
I did a Halloween themed tag last Thursday and I tried really hard to choose unique books for this week’s tag!
1. What goes bump in the night? Name a book that has legitimately scared you while reading it.
Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
This horror novel had me legitimately terrified to turn the page 😳 This was easily the most disgusting and disturbing book I’ve ever read. I can definitely see why it’s such a polarizing read!
2. Jack O’ Lanterns and Classic Costumes: A book you always reach for during Halloween time.
I never re-read books so I reach for new things every year. But I do usually try and prioritize whatever spooky books I have on my shelves!
3. Black Cats and Magic Mirrors: A book you love that is laced with superstition and/or magic.
This book was so atmospheric and magical. There’s even a magical competition!
4. Witch’s Brew: Favorite witch character in any book/series.
The witches in here are just unparalleled. We stan.
5. Ghouls and Ghosts: A book that still haunts you to this day (good or bad).
The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller
In an effort to not repeat books, I had to find something other than Bunny by Mona Awad (the book that will haunt me forever). I devoured this book in a single sitting and I still think about it. Just writing this makes me want to reread it (and I NEVER reread books…)
6. Haunted Graveyard: You’re all alone in a haunted graveyard, you get ONE book to give you comfort, which is it?
This book had me laughing hysterically at times so hopefully this would help keep me sane.
7. The Undead: Favorite supernatural creatures to read about (i.e. vampires, zombies, werewolves, etc).
Lately I’ve been all about the vampires… I don’t even recognize myself…
8. In the dead of night: Pick a book with a black cover.
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
Omg I finished this late Sunday evening and I’m still shedding the occasional tear over it 😭 This book was such an easy 5 star and worth every bit of hype.
Consider yourself tagged! And definitely let me know if you decide to do this tag so I can check out your post!