There are SO MANY books shelved on my 2019 release Goodreads list. I’m going to do quarterly release posts throughout the year (the first one is coming shortly). But this is a list of the books I’m MOST excited about in the coming year.
I’m not going to give descriptions for each of these because this post would be a mile long. But here are my most anticipated books and their release dates!
NOTE: I’m trying to be more picky about what books I add to my list. My TBR has been feeling out of control lately and I’m trying to do other year long challenges (ie Backlist Books). So there are a lot of super hyped books missing from this list. I want to get back to reading books I’m actually excited for rather than just popular ones.
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (My most anticipated book of the year!) – January 29th
- The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious #2) by Maureen Johnston – January 22nd
- The Dreamers by Karen Thompson Walker – January 15th
- Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty – January 8th
- The Cerulean by Amy Ewig – February 5th
- Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte – February 26th
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto – February 12th
- We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia – February 26th
- What He Never Knew by Kandi Steiner – February 21st
- The Risk (Briar U #2) by Elle Kennedy – February 18th
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid – March 5th
- A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell #4) by Deanna Raybourn – March 12th
- Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy #1) by Emily A Duncan – April 2nd
- The Devouring Gray (The Devouring Gray #1) by Christine Lynn Herman – April 2nd
- Kingsbane (Empirium #2) by Claire Legrand – May 21st
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – June 4th
- Maybe This Time by Kasie West – July 9th
- Swipe Right for Murder by Derek Milman – August 6th
- The Dragon Republic (The Poppy War #2) by R.F. Kuang – August 6th
- The City We Became by N.K. Jemisin – September 5th
- World of Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – September 3rd
- Ninth House (Alex Stern #1) by Leigh Bardugo – October 1st
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morenstern – November 5th
What are some of your most anticipated books of the year? Are any of them on this list?