Title: Can’t Text This (Text #3)
Author: Teagan Hunter
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Edition/Pages: Audiobook, 7 Hours
This follows Monty, who has just recently moved to the city, and Rob, a single father. They meet at a bar and immediately have a connection. They start texting and their romance blossoms. But there are still barriers in their way.
This is told in dual perspective from Monty & Rob’s POV’s. This series also heavily uses text conversations.
This series is such a fun, good time. It’s funny, witty, and has some of my favorite banter.
Audiobook NOTE: I’m part of Teagan Hunter’s facebook group and saw discussions on this going around so I wanted to address it. The female narrator for this audiobook is absolutely wonderful. However the male narrator is quite bad (which is being kind). I listen to these on double speed so it wasn’t a huge deal, but it’s definitely something to be aware of if this affects how you read this book (audio vs physical). I didn’t include this in my rating because it has nothing to do with the quality of the book/story. Just something I wanted to mention for those of you who might want to pick this up on audiobook.
What I Liked
1. In classic Teagan Hunter fashion this book is so witty and funny. I can’t help but smile from ear to ear and laugh out loud (to the annoyance of my coworkers) every time I read one of her books. Her banter is top notch and I can’t get enough.
2. Working off #1, this series makes for great audiobooks! The banter and light-heartedness of the stories mesh so well with that format.
3. The romance in this was so sweet and heart-warming. This is definitely NOT an angsty romance series. There is minimal drama – just enough to move the plot along – and lots of swoon-y moments.
What I Didn’t Like
1. Monty’s history was mentioned but not really explored. She talks about how she grew up isolated and wasn’t exposed to standard things – tv, movies, cell phones, etc. But it never really came into play. It was just kind of glossed over and left alone.
2. This didn’t have to most involved plot ever. It’s very much slice of life, angst-free romance. Which I have a love/hate thing for (see list above). It makes for such a refreshing, quick read, but not something I can read continuously.
Overall I love, love this series! Book 4 just became available on Hoopla so I will be finishing up the series asap!
3 thoughts on “Can’t Text This (Text #3) Review”
[…] Can’t Text This (Text #3) Review […]
[…] Can’t Text This (Text #3) by Teagan Hunter […]
[…] 6. Can’t Text This (Text #3) by Teagan Hunter […]