Title: Ruckus (Sinners of Saint #2)
Author: L.J. Shen
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Edition/Pages: Ebook, 369 pages
Dean has been in love with Rosie since high school. The only problem: he used to date her sister.
Rosie doesn’t want love or a relationship. She is sick and knows that her time is limited.
They are pushed together for a long weekend back home and they rely on each other to make it through. Back in New York, they’re falling for each other. But Rosie knows that it may not last forever…
Like book 1, this is told from dual POV’s – Rosie and Dean.
This is definitely a series you need to read in order – there are continuing story lines and characters from previous books that are addressed.
Content Warnings: Chronic illness, talk of death, child abandonment, alcohol and drug addiction/abuse
What I Liked
1. I can’t speak to it’s accuracy, but I really appreciated the chronicle illness (Cystic Fibrosis) rep in this. I feel like it’s not something that is often explored especially in romance and I really appreciated that L.J. Shen tackled that.
2. L.J. Shen is the queen of angst. And oh man it was given in droves with this book. There is so much stacked against these characters and everyone is beyond flawed. I can’t get enough.
3. So. Much. Steam. (Although see section below) These series brings with the sexy scenes. Just know that this series plays with the line of bully/bad boy romance.
4. I absolutely loved Dean’s character. In fact I might like him more than Vicious. Dean is definitely less bully-ish than Vicious which I appreciated (although he has PLENTY of his own flaws to make up for it). But his redemption arc just felt more natural and you could tell right away how much he loved Rosie.
What I Didn’t Like
1. The number 1 reason I didn’t rate this higher is there is a sex scene in this that made me feel so. dang. uncomfortable. I just couldn’t get behind this one.
Overall, this is another romance series I’m obsessed with. Definitely continuing with book 3 as soon as I can!