After unhauling my physical shelves, I headed over to Goodreads and was equally overwhelmed. I had 240 books on my Want to Read shelf so I decided it was time to cut back there as well!
Here’s everything I cut! Let me know if you see anything that you feel strongly about me keeping!
1. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
This is one I just physically unhauled so I’m taking off of here too.
2. The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
I was really interested in this series but I’ve tried listening to this audiobook and just couldn’t get into it.
3. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
I’ve discovered I’m not a urban fantasy fan so this one is going.
4. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
I haven’t heard good things about this and there are tons of other mystery/thrillers I’m more excited about on my TBR.
5. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
This is one of those books I’m sure I’d love, but just know I’m never going to get to.
6. Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
This is another one I’m sure I’d love but don’t see myself ever reaching for.
7. Intermission by Elyssa Friedland
This book has awful ratings and just don’t think I’m ever going to read this.
8. You’d Be Mine by Erin Hahn
I’ve also discovered that I don’t like books about famous people (musicians, actors, etc). I read the first couple chapters and I just don’t think this is something I’d love.
9. I Know Who You Are by Alice Feeney
I haven’t heard anything good about this, and since I didn’t like Feeney’s last book, I’ve lost interest in this.
9. Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss by Kasie West
Another book about famous people! This has gotten really average/low ratings and the premise doesn’t interest me.
10. The Andromeda Strain by Michael Crichton
I’ve decided high sci-fi also isn’t for me. So this one goes.
11. Midnight at the Electric by Jodi Lynn Anderson
I picked this up because Books and Lala loved it but I started the audiobook and just didn’t connect to it.
12. Meet Cute by Helena Hunting
I added this thinking it was a romance. But since it’s release, I’ve heard this is something totally different.
13. I Wish You All the Best by Mason Deaver
This is the one I’m most sad about. I started this on audio but couldn’t connect to the story.
14. How it Feels to Float by Helena Fox
This book seems very intense and I just haven’t been in the mood/space for this type of story.
15. Permafrost by Alastair Reynolds
This was a random add while scrolling through Goodreads one day. It’s a sci-fi I know I’ll never pick up.
16. Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy) by Sherry Thomas
I don’t remember why I added this and I don’t know anything about it..
17. The Art of Losing by Lizzy Mason
This is another book I’m sure I’d love but have just lost interest in.
18. The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
This book has gotten so many mixed reviews. Fantasy hasn’t been my genre this year and when I tried starting this I was overwhelmed and confused. So I’m cutting it..
Phew, that was a lot! I feel so much better getting rid of some TBR books I’m no longer interested in. 221 is more books than I’ll ever get to, but they’re all books I’m still interested in picking up!