It’s time for my final 2 readathons of 2019!!
I’m going to try and tackle and combination of prompts for each list (I chose challenges that fit books I already had on my shelves). Here’s what I’m hoping to read!
1. Read a Book You Got For Christmas Last Year – A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell #2) by Deanna Raybourn
I’m like 80% sure that I got this as a Christmas gift last year 😅 So I’m counting it. I’ve been meaning to continue on with this series FOREVER. And now is finally the time!! This is book 2 in the Veronica Speedwell series – a Victorian, historical mystery.
2. Read a Book With the Word “Dark” in the Title – There Will Come a Darkness by Katy Rose Pool
I was really excited about the release of this book but I had a weird relationship with fantasy in 2019. Now I’m itching for some fantastical stories, so I picked this up from the library!
3. Read the 13th Book on Your TBR – One Day in December by Josie Silver
I’ve heard really good things about this adult romance so I plan to listen to this on audio throughout the week! From what I’ve gathered this is a slow burn, long timeline, second chance romance.
4. Read a Book Set During Winter – A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan
This cover is just calling to me. I love Sarah Morgan’s writing and I really want to be back in one of her books. This was a complete cover/author auto buy so I know literally nothing about the plot of this book.
5. Read the 25th Book on Your TBR – The Matchmaker’s Mistletoe Mission by Jaci Burton
This a novella and the start of a new series by Jaci Burton. This was random request on Netgalley because I was looking for short holiday romances to pad my December TBR. It seems like the perfect holiday readathon book so hopefully it’s really cute!
6. Read an Entire Book in Christmas Pajamas
I love freebie challenges! I don’t actually own Christmas pajamas… but I’ll wear my snowflake socks in my regular pajamas and call it good 😂
7. Read a Book Published in December – Good Girls Lie by J.T. Ellison
This is releasing on December 30th and I want to have it read and reviewed in time for it’s release! This is a YA thriller that takes place at a boarding school. Need I say more?
Next, The Cozy Little Readathon, is running from December 13th-15th. It’s a super short, weekend long readathon all about reading cozy books! It’s hosted by a whole slew of amazing Booktubers including Lexi from Alexandra Roselyn.
There are 5 challenges and a 24 hour readathon happening that weekend. Here’s what I’m planning to participate in!
1. Cozy Night in at the Burrow | Read a cozy book: Wrapped Up in You by Jill Shalvis
This seems like a really cozy holiday romance! I have the physical copy as well as the audio so I’m hoping to listen this while I do errands and house things throughout the weekend.
2. Turkish Delight | Make a winter drink or treat:
It’s finally cookie baking time!! ❤️
3. Alice in Winter Wonderland | Pick a winter read:
This is a super beloved author that I’ve never read! I just picked up the paperback edition of this and it’s pretty short, so hopefully it’s something I can finish in a weekend!
I would love to participate in the 24 hour readathon but I don’t want to commit since we have quite a few holiday things going on this weekend and I highly doubt I’ll be able to do much reading.
That’s it! Are you participating in any more holiday readathons?? Let me know what you’re planning to read below!