I had my best reading year ever in 2019! But I still didn’t manage to get to all the amazing books I wanted to read. Here are 19 titles I wish I had read, and plan to prioritize this year!
1. Manhattan (Becker Brothers #3) by Kandi Steiner
I love this series and I can’t believe I haven’t read this latest book yet! It’s happening ASAP though!
2. Landon & Shay Part 2 by Brittainy C Cherry
This is another one I can’t believe I didn’t read yet! I loved book 1 and need read this wrap up immediately.
3. Birthday by Meredith Russo
This book wasn’t really on my radar until everyone who read it raved about it. I literally haven’t heard anyone give this less than 5 stars.
4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
This is on my current 5 star prediction list and I can’t believe I didn’t read it in 2019.
5. Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw
I had this as an ARC and still somehow managed to let this one slip by. It’s going to be one of my first reads of 2020.
6. Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin
I’ve seen some mixed things about this, but I love romance in my fantasy so I definitely still want to give this a read!
7. Rules for Vanishing by Kate Alice Marshall
Horror isn’t always my genre (I’m a big baby) but I’ve heard really good things about this! It was on my October TBR but sadly so were 9 million other books so I didn’t get to this one.
8. Beyond the Black Door by A.M. Strickland
Another ARC I didn’t make time for. I have a physical copy of this now and definitely want to get to this soon!
9. The Grace Year by Kim Liggett
Oh look, another ARC I didn’t read in 2019… ugh I’m the worst. I’m really excited about picking this one up asap!
10. The Downstairs Girls by Stacey Lee
I got this as a BOTM pick early in 2019 but just didn’t do a good job of prioritizing BOTM books.
11. Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center
This was another BOTM book and a finalist for best romance in the Goodreads choice awards. I’ve heard great things about this author and really wanna give this a shot in 2020.
12. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
I heard nothing but rave reviews for this and can’t believe I missed out. I’m really excited to finally read it asap!
13. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
This was one of my most anticipated releases in 2019 but I wasn’t able to fit it in at the end of the year.
14. Swipe Right for Murder by Derek Milman
This is another 2019 ARC I didn’t end up reading. I did start this one but wasn’t a huge fan and put it down. I want to give it a second chance in 2020.
15. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
This was so hyped in 2019. I feel like I missed out and definitely want to read this soon!
16. Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
This was my number 1 most anticipated release of 2019 but somehow managed to let it fall through the cracks… I can’t wait to read this!
17. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo
I know this book has gotten lots of mixed reviews but I’m still really interested in checking it out myself.
18. The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2) by Brandon Sanderson
I started this book earlier in 2019 but had to put it down to prioritize other things. I had every intention of picking it back up but it didn’t happen. In 2020 I’m finishing this series!
19. A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell #2) by Deanna Raybourn
This book was on approximately 9000 TBRs in the last year. But somehow I’ve managed to put off. In 2020 I’m catching up on this series!
Were there any books that you meant to read in 2019 but weren’t able to get to?