Fantasy Romance is my latest bookish obsession!
Last year the majority of my reading contemporary romance. And while I love that genre, I’ve recently become obsessed with all things fantasy romance – everything from urban fantasy to high fantasy.
Here are some books/series I desperately want to start!
1. Slave to Sensation/Psy-Changeling Series by Nalini Singh
I’ve been completely obsessed with this author’s Guild Hunter series and I’m so excited to dive into this series by them as well!
2. Radiance/Wraith Kings Series by Grace Draven
This book always appears on lists of “best fantasy romance” so I’m intrigued.
3. Wolfsong/Green Creek Series by T.J. Klue
This is a M/M werewolf (?) romance that I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about. I no exactly nothing about the plot but I recently picked up this first book so can’t wait to find out!
4. Deal With the Devil/Mercenary Librarians Series by Kit Rocha
This is a new release coming out in May that has romance, mercenary librarians, and a dystopian world. I’m in.
5. Reborn Yesterday/Phenomenal Fate Series by Tessa Bailey
Tessa Bailey is an all time favorite author of mine and this is her new vampire romance. My body is ready.
6. Moon Called/Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs
This is another classic and super popular paranormal fantasy romance. This is a about shapeshifters/werewolves aaaand… that’s all I know.
7. The Bridge Kingdom Series by Danielle L. Jensen
I’ve heard nothing buy gushing reviews for this book/series! I don’t know anything about the plot, other than it’s fantasy romance. But I have this on Audible Escape and the sequel was just released, so this needs to happen asap.
8. Magic Bites/Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews
This is going to come as zero shock, but I know nothing about this 😅 Ilona Andrews is another highly praised fantasy romance author so I picked up the first book to try!
9. Dark Lover/Blackdagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward
Another classic paranormal romance author/series! This series is super daunting, but it’s so highly praised that I need to give it a read.
10. A Promise of Fire/Kingmaker Chronicles by Amanda Bouchet
Finally another high fantasy romance that I know nothing about! I hate this cover, but this series has amazing reviews and at this point I’ll read pretty much anything that is recommend to me.
This list was actually really hard to narrow down because I have accumulated so many on my TBR 😅 So I might have to a version 2 of this at some point!
If you have any fantasy romance recs please, please leave them in the comments! I honestly can’t get enough and want to read all the books.