Happy spring 🌸
This tag was originally created by Amanda from The Naughty Librarian. Check out her original tag video here!
1. Flowers: All the flowers we remember are blooming again. Pick a book that’s a fresh take on a retelling.
This YA fantasy is based on the King Arthur legend and it is absolutely fantastic. I loved the twist it took on this and how in incorporated the legend into modern day.
2. Cadbury Mini Eggs: Obviously the superior springtime candy of choice. Pick a book that you consider to be a sweet treat.
‘Sweet’ definitely sums up this adult contemporary romance.
3. Allergies: Seasonal allergies often make your eyes water. Pick a book that made you cry.
This book had me sobbing. Multiple times. The cover might be cute and fluffy but the insides are much more hard-hitting
4. Spring Cleaning: Out with the old and in with the new. Pick a book to unhaul.
I just read this for Bookoplathon earlier this month and unfortunately it was a bust. So sadly this is getting added to the unhaul pile and I won’t be continuing on with the series.
5. Spring Break: It’s the perfect time for an adventure. Pick a book involving a road trip.
The Sound of Stars by Alechia Dow
This YA sci-fi is a darker take on a road trip. But the main character and an Ilori drive across the country in order to hopefully save the planet and remaining humans.
6. Mating Season: It’s that time of year in the animal kingdom to make some babies. Pick a book with some smutty delights.
Touch of Taboo series by Katee Robert
“Some” smut might not be the most apt way to describe this. I’d say ALL the smut 😅
7. Rainbows: I just feel like Spring is made of freaking rainbows. Pick a book featuring an LGBTQ+ character(s).
This YA fantasy is hella queer and absolutely fantastic.
8. Spring Awakening: This is one of my all-time favorite musicals even though it’s filled with completely dysfunctional characters. Pick a book that’s also filled with completely dysfunctional characters.
To Love and to Loathe (The Regency Vows #2) by Martha Waters
Honestly this entire series is a full of dysfunctional characters. Because of that, this book/series won’t be for everyone – the hijinks is definitely over the top and ridiculous.
9. In like a lion, out like a lamb: Pick a book series that didn’t get better as it progressed.
Wicked Trilogy by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I really enjoyed this trope-tastic new adult romance. But unfortunately the rest of the series didn’t really go the way I was hoping. Book 1 was a lot of fun, but the next two books were just okay in my opinion.
10. Fun in the Sun: Tag some Friends! Consider yourself tagged!