This tag was created by the awesome Ngoza at May The Rey! This tag was inspired by the new Ariana Grande album which I haven’t listened too… but this tag was SO creative so I couldn’t wait to give it a go! Thanks for the tag Ngoza! ♥
1. Breathin’: A Book you can’t imagine never having read or a book that significantly shaped your reading.
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. This was one of the first books I picked up when I was getting back into reading. And it was the first YA book I had read since I was in high school and the first fantasy book (other than Harry Potter) that I ever read. And it completely changed what books I gravitate towards.
2. R.E.M: A “Woke” book or a book that exhibited a level of social, racial, cultural, or political awareness.
I’m going with Girl Made of Stars by Ashley Herring Blake. This book tackled rape culture in the most heartbreaking yet beautiful way. I HIGHLY recommend this book if you haven’t tried it yet. It’s one of my favorites of 2018.
3. Thank You, Next: The first book in a series that made you want the next book immediately.
I prefer to binge read series so I do this pretty often. But I’m going to say Cinder by Marissa Meyer because I had picked this up from the library on a whim because I was seeing it everywhere. And went back out to the library like 3 days later (in the snow) to pick up the entire rest of the series.
4. Better Off: A book you wish you never bought/read.
If I dislike a book this much I usually won’t finish it. The only book I can think of is State of Wonder by Ann Patchett. I can’t think of ending I hate much more than this one. I sold this book to half price books like a week after reading it.
5. Every time: Your favorite re-read.
I don’t re-read nearly as much as I wish I did. But I did re-read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline this summer and I loved it just as much the second time. This is one of my favorite books of all time.
6. Borderline: A yet to be released book you been eagerly anticipating.
Oh god, so many – according to Goodreads I have fifty 2019 releases on my TBR. I have a bunch of anticipated release posts coming next month but for now I’m going to say Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan. (I didn’t say King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo because I figured that would be everyone’s answer haha)
7. Pete Davison: A book where your ship didn’t sail.
This choice feelings kind of like cheating but I’m going to do it anyways. I can’t go into any detail because it is crazy spoiler-y but I’m choosing The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo.
8. The Light is Coming: An amazing series conclusion.
This is a copout answer but I just don’t care haha. Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas. I cried like a baby throughout this whole book. I miss this world so much already.
9. Successful: How many books have you read this year?
I’ve finished 54 books so far and DNF’d 2. My Goodreads goal was set to 50 so I’m excited to have met that already!