Merry Christmas and happy Blogmas day 25!! I thought this would be a fun tag to celebrate the holiday.
This tag was originally created by Ashley from FallingDownTheBookHole!
1. On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a partridge in a pear tree. The partridge stood alone in the pear tree. What is your favorite standalone?
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. It’s one of my new favorite books of all time.
2. On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: two turtle doves. Love is in the air! Who is your OTP?
I say this every time this question comes up – Ronan and Adam from the Raven Cycle. I’m not a huge shipper but I love them.
3. On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: three french hens. In the spirit of threes, what is the best trilogy you have read?
I’ve mentioned this before but I actually haven’t completed many trilogies.. So for now I think it’s the Grisha Trilogy.
4. On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: four calling birds. Since series usually consist of four or more books, what is your favorite series?
Either The Raven Cycle or Throne of Glass. Both gave me intense book hangovers.
5. On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: five golden rings. One ring to rule them all! Who is your favorite villain/antagonist?
The Lord Ruler in the Mistborn The Final Empire is definitely up there!
6. On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: six geese a laying. Creation is a beautiful thing. What is your favorite world/world-building?
Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson had one of the most unique and complex worlds (and magic systems!) I’ve ever read.
7. On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: seven swans a swimming. Who needs seven swans when all it takes is one good animal sidekick? Who’s your favorite animal sidekick?
I’m totally cheating for this one because I don’t think I’ve ever read anything with an animal side kick… so I’m choosing Fenrys from Kingdom of Ash. Because he’s amazing and was a wolf for a solid half of this book.
8. On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: eight maids a milking. Milk is so 18th century. Which book or series takes beverages/food to a whole new level?
I have absolutely no answer for this…
9. On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: nine ladies dancing. Dancing is just one skill of a lady! Who is your favorite kickass female lead?
I’m going to go with Yrene from Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas. I just absolutely fell in love with her character in this book. I love how she is strong and intelligent without being an over-the-top caricature of a badass woman.
But I read a lot of amazing woman leads this year! Everyone in Girls of Paper and Fire would be perfect for this too!
10. On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: ten lords a leaping. How about your favorite leading lad?
I’m going with Dario from Scream All Night by Derek Milman. This book is on my list of favorite books of the year.
11. On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me: eleven pipers piping. What is your favorite book or bookish thing with musical influence?
The only book with music I can think of is The Wicked Deep, which I really enjoyed! The swan sisters sing to lure men into the war at the start of every swan season.
12. On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: 12 drummers drumming. drumroll please…what is your favorite read of this year?
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo! I read this book back in April and it has stuck with me ever since.
I tag anyone who hasn’t done this and wants a fun holiday tag!