Another spooky, October readathon TBR!
This readathon was created by Vanessa from Paper Faerie. The readathon itself runs from October 25th – 31st but there are fun activities happening all month long! So definitely check out their Twitter page for the full event schedule.
There are 14 total “challenges” or Harvest Festival Events. I’m definitely not planning on completing all of them! But I did pick way more books than I can read in a week to give me an opportunity to mood read 😊
1. Sunflower Field | Flower on Cover – You May Now Kill the Bride by R.L. Stine
This is available on Hoopla so if I’m in the mood for an audiobook I’ll pick this up!
2. Hay Ride | Journey or Quest – Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
I loved book 2 in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series and want to continue on asap! So if I don’t get to this, this month it’s definitely happening this winter!
3. Corn Maze | Twists and Turns – Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
I’m SO excited to finally read this! I’ve heard nothing but amazing things and 100% expecting this to be a 5 star read.
4. Haunted House | Spooky Book – The Dead Girls Club by Damien Angelica Walters
This book sounds so creepy!
5. Pumpkin Patch | Orange on Cover – The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor
This is another book I’m expecting to scare the crap outta me 😅
6. Apple Picking | Someone “Picked” for You – The Deathless Girls by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
I picked 6 books I really wanted to read this month and had my husband choose one. This is the one he chose! This is all about Dracula’s brides and is hands down the most beautiful cover I’ve ever seen 😍
7. Scarecrow | Scared to Read – Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
This seems like one of those thrillers you either love or despise. I’m nervous to see which side I fall on!
8. Ferris Wheel | Unique Perspective – All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda
This is apparently told backwards. I’m really interested to see how that plays out!
9. Petting Zoo | Animal in it
I don’t currently have a book picked for this…
10. Face Painting | Transformations – Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson
This might be a bit of stretch but this is about a girl who brings her best friend back as a zombie. I’m counting zombie as a transformation!
11. Bobbing for Apples | Features Water –
Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper #3) by Kerri Maniscalco
If I get to Escaping from Houdini I’m going to double up on this challenge!
12. Pie Eating Contest | Devour in 24 Hours
13. Candy Apples Read & Eat a Fall Treat
14. Bonfire – Read While Warm & Cozy
The last 3 challenges I’ll definitely be doing I just don’t know with which books! I’ll just kind of complete these as the week goes!
Are you participating in this readathon?? I’d love to check out your TBR!