I’m revisiting another fall tag from last year!
This is a tag I originally saw circulating around Booktube, but the original creators video was taken down. So I’m not sure who the original creator is. But this tag makes the rounds every year!
I did this tag last year so I chose all new books for the prompts this year!
1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!
Easily one of my favorite settings of all time. Katherine Arden is the master of atmosphere.
2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief
I absolutely adore Brittainy Cherry’s writing and this book had me sobbing!
3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new
This is one of only 2 nonfiction books I’ve read this year.
4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of
This family definitely has their share of problems. But want to be a part of it anyways!
5. The colorful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines!
6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story
The main character is writing a letter from prison to a defendant to try and explain what really happened.
7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read
So spooky. So ominous.
8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day
The title really sums up this sweet, sapphic romance! It’s ridiculously soft and heart-warming.
9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favorite season) returns every year: name an old favorite that you’d like to return to soon
Okay so I just finished this. But I’m literally already looking forward to rereading this before the sequel comes out next year!
10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favorite cozy reading “accessories”!
I’m all about the warm drink, fall-scented candle (Bath and Body Works’ Leaves is my all-time favorite), and soft, cozy blanket! If you’re ever looking for me, I’m probably on my couch with those three things and my cat ❤️