I can’t believe the TisTheSeasonAThon is already over. I had such a good time participating in this readathon!
1. Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
This didn’t cover a challenge and technically I started it before the readathon began, but I read the final quarter on day 1. I have such a hard time summarizing this but I’ll do my best. This follows our main character who is forced to become a concubine for the Demon King. But she refuses to give up her right to choose and fights back agains the palace rules. Definite trigger warning for sexual assault with this one! This was so well done and I loved the romance!
2. Snow in Love by Melissa de la Cruz ⭐️⭐️⭐️
This was the group read and also counted towards the Short Book and Holiday Themed Book challenges. This is a collection of 4 short stories that take place around the holidays. The stories were definitely pretty polarized in their ratings:
- Snow and Mistletoe by Kasie West ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Working in a Winter Wonderland by Aimee Friedman ⭐️.5
- The Magi’s Gifts by Melissa de la Cruz ⭐️
- Grounded by Nic Stone ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I completely adored Snow and Mistletoe by Kasie West but the middle two stories were pretty disappointing.
3. Matchmaking For Beginners by Maddie Dawson ⭐️⭐️
This was sadly a disappointment. I was hoping for a light, cutesy contemporary and in some ways it was. But unfortunately I didn’t like the writing, the love square, or the characters. The main character was so selfish and frustrating, I couldn’t stand her.
Did you participate in the readathon? How did you do?