Title: Let’s Get Textual (Text #1)
Author: Teagan Hunter
Genre: New Adult, Romance
Edition/Pages: Audiobook, 6 hours 28 minutes
This follows Deliah who receives a text message from a wrong number. But rather than apologize and move on, they continue to text. And now they might be falling for each other.
So this is my first 5 star read of 2019 which is crazy, I never rate audiobooks or romances 5 stars, and this was both. I’ve been really slump-y this month but I devoured this story and ended up finishing it in a day!
I listened to this on audio and was a little concerned that the text message format would be confusing to follow or cringe-y, but that was absolutely not the case! There are a lot of text message conversations in this, so if that’s something you don’t like, this may not be your book.
I was literally swooning over this entire story. I listened to over half of this at work (huge mistake) and couldn’t stop laughing and aw-ing out loud.
What I Liked
- I love Zach. He is pretty much my dream man – adorable, snarky, confident, sweet, nerdy. He had me swooning from moment one.
- The relationship was so stinkin’ cute. The way they treated and respected each other was so refreshing. No one tried to over-power or control the other, there were no games played, they simply expressed how they felt when they felt it.
- The topic of consent was covered a lot in here and I really appreciated that. Zach made sure multiple times that Deliah was okay with his actions. It was so refreshing to see that after many a domineering man in romance.
- This last part is a spoiler for the final plot arc. So check out my Goodreads review here for this spoiler-y portion.
What I Didn’t Like
- Only book 2 is currently available on Hoopla haha.
Honestly I didn’t really have any dislikes for this story, hence the 5 star rating. It was fun, heart-warming, sweet, and everything I was looking for – especially since I’ve been feeling kinda slump-y. Also, can we talk about this title, this whole series kills me haha. Definitely check this series out asap!!