It’s finally starting to feeling like spring! 🌸 So it seemed like the perfect time to do this spring book tag.
1. Flowers – Pick a Book that’s a fresh take on a retelling.
The Charlotte Holmes by Brittany Cavallaro ⭐⭐⭐.5
This series was such a fun take on the classic Sherlock Holmes stories. If you’re looking for a YA series with great characters, relationships, and classic-feeling mystery plots, definitely check this series out. The audiobooks are fantastic btw.
2. Cadbury Mini Eggs – Pick a book that you consider to be a sweet treat.
Heartstopper by Alice Oseman ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
This series is the sweetest. It’s just a precious romance between two high school boys who are just trying to figure themselves out. My heart definitely grew a few sizes while reading this.
3. Allergies – Pick a book that made you cry.
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Honestly I cry while reading all the time. But Colleen Hoover is an almost guarantee cry for me. This book was no exception.
4. Spring Cleaning – Pick a book to unhaul.
The Vanishing Deep by Astrid Scholte ⭐⭐.5
I have a whole post coming about my spring cleaning unhaul. But spoiler for that – this book is on the list.
5. Spring Break – Pick a book involving a road trip.
On the Way to You by Kandi Steiner ⭐⭐⭐
I didn’t love this book but it was the first one that came to mind. This entire book is about 2 strangers who travel across the country together and fall in love.
6. Mating Season – Pick a book with some smutty delights.
Every Little Promise (Orchid Valley #0.5) by Lexi Ryan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
How do I pick just one?! Smutty books are (obviously) my jam. And I didn’t want to pass up this opportunity to recommend more Lexi Ryan because she’s my fave. This novella is full of “smutty delights”.
7. Rainbows – Pick a book featuring an LGBTQ+ character.
Him series by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
This is one of my all-time favorite M/M romances. If you haven’t checked this duet out, do it. It’s so sweet and I’d protect these characters with my life.
8. Spring Awakening – Pick a book filled with dysfunctional characters
Scream All Night by Derek Milman ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dysfunctional absolutely sums up the family in my favorite book of 2018. This family is utter chaos and I loved it.
9. In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb – Pick a book series that didn’t get better as it progressed
Girls With Sharp Sticks by Suzanne Young
I have been very vocal about my dislike of this sequel. I enjoyed book 1 a lot and thought it was such a fun, feminist sci-fi. Book 2 is an unnecessary disaster in my opinion.
On that note 😅 I hope you’re all enjoying your spring as much as you can!! Consider yourself tagged if you haven’t done this tag before!!