Happy Sunday! How was your week?
This Week on the Blog
- Weekly Tarot Book Recommendations
- Top Ten Tuesday: Pastel Covers
- Heartstopper Mini Review
- Goal Check in: April
- April Wrap Up
- May TBR
- Book Review: Beach Read by Emily Henry
- Theirs Ever After (The Thalanian Dynasty #3) by Katee Robert ⭐⭐⭐
- Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1) by Katee Robert ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dirty, Reckless Love (Boys of Jackson Harbor #3) by Lexi Ryan ⭐⭐⭐
- If I Never Met You by Mhairi McFarlane – Currently Listening
- To Have and to Hoax by Martha Waters – Currently Reading
Romanceopoly Readathon Wrap Up
I was only able to get through 3 books so far for this, but I’m hoping to sneak in one more today!
1. Library: Free Choice
Challenge: Same Color as Square You Landed On
Book: Dirty Reckless Love (Boys of Jackson Harbor #3) by Lexi Ryan ⭐⭐⭐
I didn’t completely particular book in the series but it was still oddly addicting. This was a lot more focused on the drama/mystery than the romance, which I wasn’t expecting. This follows the best friend of a previous heroine who is brutally attacked and can’t remember the last 2 years of her life. While I 100% bought into their pining and connection, I didn’t love the way things played out. And I just wanted more from the romance plot overall.
2. Past Eaves: Historical Fiction
Challenge: Longest Title
Book: To Have and To Hoax by Martha Waters
I have mixed feelings about this. I thought this book was really funny and witty and laughed out loud quite a bit. This entire book can be summed up by the “They don’t know that we know, they know, we know” FRIENDS episode 🤣 However, the writing in here was so damn repetitive and arduous. Oof..
2. Lady Lane: Women’s Fiction
Book: If I Never Met You by Mhairi McFarlane
Another one I have mixed feelings about… On one hand I really enjoyed the story line, characters, and banter! I love a good fake dating trope and this definitely delivered. However, this was so heavy on the British slang that I struggled a lot keeping up with this story. The narrator for the audiobook was fantastic, but I kept having to rewind, read along with my physical copy, or look up phrases. Definitely an ignorant-me-thing, not a book thing. But it hindered my ability to completely fall into the story despite all of its amazing qualities.
Coming Next Week!
- Author series!!
- He Started It by Samantha Downing – Edelwiess+
- Release Date: July 28, 2020
- It was another great reading week – which isn’t surprising since I pretty much do nothing else right now. My weeks are essentially work, audiobooks, puzzles, and reading 😅
- I finally finished a big work project Wednesday evening which meant I had a nice relaxing end to the work week! I got lots of posts prepped and extra reading time in which was great!
- This weekend is flipping gorgeous in Wisconsin! We had our first 70º day and I’m living my best life. We won’t talk about the fact it’s supposed to drop back to the 40s tomorrow…..
How was your week?!