Happy Sunday! How was your Reading Rush week?!
This weekly update is a little different and is all about the Reading Rush! Tomorrow I have a full wrap up post coming, but here’s a peek at what I read and how my week went ❤️
This Week on the Blog
- Weekly Tarot Card Book Recommendations
- Top Ten Tuesday: Summer Camp/Cabin Setting
- Book Review: The Good Girls Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
- Mini Reviews: 3 Recent Romance Reads
- Book Review: Real Men Knit by Kwana Jackson
- Book Review: Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust
- July ARC Check In
- A Murderous Relation (Veronica Speedwell #5) by Deanna Raybourn ⭐⭐⭐.5
- A Worthy Opponent (The Wicked Villains #3) by Katee Robert ⭐⭐⭐
- Daimon (Covenant #0.5) by Jennifer L Armentrout ⭐⭐⭐
- Crazy for Your Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor #5) by Lexi Ryan ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Deal With the Devil (Mercenary Librarians #1) by Kit Rocha – Currently Reading
- He Started it by Samantha Downing – Currently Listening
- Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout ⭐⭐⭐.5
- Archangel’s Blade (Guild Hunter #4) by Nalini Singh – Currently Reading
Coming Next Week!
- Reading Rush Wrap Up (tomorrow!)
- Goal Check In
- Wrap Up
- August TBR!
- Love is a Rogue (Wallflowers vs Rogues #1) by Lenora Bell – Edelweiss+
- Release Date: October 27, 2020
- What Big Teeth by Rose Szabo – Edelweiss+
- Release Date: February 2, 2021
Reading Rush Updates!!
I had SO much fun participating in the Reading Rush this week! There were so many events and sprints and read ins. It felt like a whole immersive reading experience and I loved it.
I started off with a total bang! I finished the entirety of A Murderous Relations AND the audiobook for Damnion (it was only an hour and a half but still).
Page Count: 366 Pages
Today didn’t go quite as planned. I got wrapped up in some work stuff so I wasn’t able to start reading until almost 4pm. But I still finished all of A Worthy Opponent!
Page Count: 254 Pages
This is when I started to feel a little burnt out 😅 I read less than 100 pages today and started 3 books because I couldn’t settle on anything. BUT! I got my new bookshelf and assembled that while catching up on daily vlogs. So in the end it was still a pretty great day.
Page Count: 98 Pages
My last day of work for the week! I finally got my reading mojo back this day and flew through Crazy for Your Love. This book didn’t meet any challenges but I was craving a contemporary romance and to pick back up this series.
Page Count: 296 Pages
Hooray for vacation days!! Today didn’t go quite as planned 😅 I had big dreams on what I wanted to accomplish with all my free time I did essentially none of it. I also struggled to stick to/choose a book again today. I ended up picking up Half-Blood by JLA and listened to over 80% in a single sitting! I also participated in the YT live reading sprints on Little Book Owl’s channel which was a ton of fun!
Page Count: 225 Pages
Since I ended up accomplishing nothing yesterday, Saturday morning was jam packed with chores and errands! Got the house cleaned, weeds pulled, and groceries done. And I managed to finish the audiobook for Half-Blood while I did it.
Next I took a bunch of Instagram photos, edited them, and caught up on daily vlogs. It’s so hard to participate in everything!! I started Archangel’s Blade by Nalini Singh late last night. I decided to continue on with that because fantasy romance was the only thinking speaking to me.
Page Count: 157 Pages
This morning my husband and I accidentally woke up crazy early (like 5:45 😶). So I got a massive iced coffee from Starbucks and listened to more of Folklore.
I downloaded Pure by JLA to I can continue my binge of that series this coming week. And I’m hoping to make a solid dent into Archangel’s Blade, if not finish today. We’re under a heat advisory and thunderstorm watch all day so it’s not like I’ll be going anywhere 😅
I hope you all had an amazing reading week whether you participated in the readathon or not! I’d love to hear what books you read!
How was your week?!