Spring is nearly over – so let’s do one final springtime tag!
This tag was created by Victoria Mann over on Youtube! So definitely go check out her video for all her answers as well as some additional bonus questions!
1. Everywhere you look flowers are blooming! Choose a book you love or think you will love with flowers on the cover.
Each book in this series has a giant flower on the cover – and I loved ALL of them!
2. Spring is the perfect time for a fun trip! Choose a book you’ve read or would like to read while traveling from one place to another.
This question was a little tricky since it’s been over 2 years since my husband and I have taken a trip…. So instead I chose a book that would be perfect to take on a vacation instead.
And considering this romance is all about vacations, it seemed like the most obvious choice 😅
3. Who doesn’t love a good Spring Fling? Choose a book you were obsessed with for a short period of time, but then you swiftly cast it aside.
I really loved this contemporary when I read it nearly 4 years ago. But I never talk about it because honestly I don’t think it’s something I would still love today…
4. Everyone loves the smell of freshly mowed grass, but not at an ungodly hour! Choose a book that personifies as a middle-aged dad waking up at 7am on a Saturday to mow the lawn when he should be sleeping like the rest of us.
I’m interpreting this as a book that was unnecessary and frustrating 😅 I probably going to upset some people with this one but this book annoyed me to know end. It felt like Kemmerer dumped everything and the kitchen sink into this contemporary to make it as emotional as possible… Not necessary.
5. A surprise rain shower might spoil your outdoor fun, but don’t worry the sun will be back! Choose a book that made you really sad, but the sun still shines in the end.
Sorry Emily Henry is ending up on every one of my posts lately 😅 But this book just too perfect for this prompt. This book definitely has a sunny HEA but it also made me cry my eyes out.
6. It’s that time of year when all the animals stretch their limbs and come out of hibernation. Choose a book that pulled you out of a reading slump.
I actually don’t have an answer for this… I haven’t had a reading slump in a few years since I just DNF anything I’m not super into. And I don’t really have a go-to reading slump buster.
7. Students all over exhale a sigh of relief knowing they get a break from school. Choose a book whose friend group you’d like to spend Spring Break with.
These women would know how to have a GREAT fucking time 😅
8. Spring is all about rebirth and blooming. Choose a book that made you grow as a person.
I don’t read a ton of nonfiction but this book introduced me to this author you I know follow everywhere online. And I’ve learned a lot from them as well as other people I’ve learned of through her.
Plus this book is fucking fantastic.
9. A picnic at the park is the perfect springtime activity! Choose a book with a character who you think would pack the best picnic basket.
I would definitely want Rosie to make a picnic basket of empanadas!
10. For many Spring is the first break from the bitterness of Winter! Choose a book that is the embodiment of sunshine.
This series feels like warm sunshine and a hug. Plus I always seem to read these in spring so they make me think of spring and sun!
If you’re looking for another spring tag to do this season – consider yourself tagged!