May was great, but I’m so ready for summer reading!
May was a solid reading month. I read a pretty standard amount, but I didn’t have any DNFs or anything less than a 3 star so I’m counting it as a win!
Around this time last year was when I fell into a bit of a slump. But luckily I’m in a MASSIVE reading mood right now. So I’m excited for a summer full of reading outside ❤️ (hopefully at the beach)
But here are my May stats and a super brief peak at everything I read. Goodreads pages and any reviews I have are linked!
Books Read: 15
Pages Read: 5,152
Adult Fantasy: 1
YA Fantasy: 2
Contemporary Romance: 4
Paranormal/Fantasy Romance: 5
YA Contemporary: 2
Owned TBR (Owned physically/electroncially prior to reading): 3
Highlights: Unlikely Crew, Travel Fantasy, Social Anxiety
2. The Forest of Stolen Girls by June Hur
Highlights: Missing Father, Mystery, Sister Relationship, Historical, Korean Setting
4. Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega #1) by Patricia Briggs
Highlights: Shifters, Werewolves, Mystery Element, Mates, Politicking
5. Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega #2) by Patricia Briggs
Highlights: Shifters, Werewolves, Mountain Setting, Mates, Witches
6. The Beast (Wicked Villains #4) by Katee Robert
Highlights: Polyamorous, Second Chance, BDSM, Disney Characters (Beauty & the Beast), Enemies to Lovers, Sexy AF!
7. Black Water Sister by Zen Cho
Audibook, Scribd, ARC
Highlights: Paranormal, Malaysian Setting, Spirit Medium, Gods & Goddesses, Revenge Plot, Discussion of Immigration, F/F Romance, Coming of Age
8. Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1) by Neve Wilder
Ebook, Kindle Unlimited
Highlights: M/M Romance, Roommates, College Setting, New Adult, Steamy
9. Today Tomorrow and Always (Phenomenal Fate #3) by Tessa Bailey
Highlights: Fated Mates, Faeries, Vampires, Series Conclusion
11. Heartstopper: Volume 4 by Alice Oseman
Highlights: Soft Boys in Love, High School, Mental Health, Eating Disorder
12. Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2) by Patricia Briggs
Highlights: Walker, Shifter, Love Triangle/Square (but definitely not the focus of the story), Vampires, Demons, Possession
13. Neon Gods (Dark Olympus #1) by Katee Robert
Highlights: BDSM/Kink, Hades & Persephone, Same world as Wicked Villain/Sabine Valley, Classic Katee Robert heat
14. May the Best Man Win by ZR Ellor
Highlights: SUPER unlikeable heroes, Second Chance romance, Rivals, Homecoming, Trans MC, Gay MCs, Lots of discussions about the lives & struggles LGBTQIA+ people
15. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
Highlights: New York Setting, Fantastical, Found Family, Slow burn romance, ALL the queer rep
What was the best book you read in May??