Happy Tag Thursday! And who’s surprised – it’s another fall theme 😅
Disclaimer: I tried finding the original creator of this tag but unfortunately the video is no longer available. This is all over BookTube though (which is where I found this).
1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!
This is always the first book that comes to mind for questions about setting. This remains one of the most atmospheric books I’ve ever read. And it’s a perfect fall read!
2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief
This book is so powerful and beautifully written but it definitely covers some heavy stuff. And I sobbed my eyes out at the end.
3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new
I have not read a nonfiction book in the last 2 years since joining the bookish community. Sue me.
4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of
The Jackson family! I can’t believe I haven’t been able to continue on with this series yet! It needs to happen asap.
5. The colorful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines!
Here’s an ombre stack and a rare glimpse at my bookshelves 😅
6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story
Ugh this book is so beautiful and I loved every word. In chapters alternating with present day, we get chapters from the story January is reading. This entire book feels like a love letter to books and readers. I can’t recommend it enough.
7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read
I’m a big ol’ baby so I don’t read too many traditionally “creepy” things. But I do love mystery/thrillers. This story has such a gothic, spooky atmosphere!
8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day
I think I swooned over every one of the 245 pages of this book. This is a short, adorable romance by one of my favorite rom-com authors!
9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favorite season) returns every year: name an old favorite that you’d like to return to soon
I’m not big into rereading… But I won’t mind giving a HP a reread sometime soon. It seems like everyone is rereading it lately and I’m feeling a little nostalgic about it.
10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favorite cozy reading “accessories”!
Give me all the blankets!! I loooove cuddling up under soft blanket (or 2) with a pumpkin mug of coffee on a cool day.
I tag: YOU!