I did this tag last year and still stand by a lot of those book choices! So definitely check that out for more recommendations!
But here are 13 new book recommendations based on Halloween creatures!
1. WITCH — a magical character or book
This entire series is super magical and amazing
2. WEREWOLF — the perfect book to read at night
The Beautiful by Renée Ahdieh
This book/series is really atmospheric and dark, so it would be perfect to read curled up at night.
3. FRANKENSTEIN — a book that truly shocked you
I did not see this twist coming until it smacked me over the head.
4. THE DEVIL — a dark, evil character
These characters are DARK.
5. GRIM REAPER — a character that never should have died
I still refuse to answer this question 😅
6. ZOMBIE — a book that made you “hungry” for more
I binged this entire series in just over a month because I was so addicted!
7. GARGOYLE — a character that you would protect at all cost
Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas
Yaz and Julian! ❤️❤️
8. VAMPIRE — a book that sucked the life out of you
This book was so disappointing I think I lost a year off my life….
9. GHOST — a book that still haunts you
Bunny by Mona Awad
This is easily the weirdest book I’ve ever read and I still think about it all the time. I gave it 3 stars and I honestly think I need to raise that because this strange AF story still haunts me.
10. DEMON — a book that really scared you
This haunted house definitely creeped me out! There were a couple scenes in here that had me shivering.
11. SKELETON — a character you have a bone to pick with
I can’t stand the older brother, Stephen, in this series. He’s just such an obnoxious, rude person.
12. MUMMY — a book you would preserve throughout time
I’ve read quite a few 5 star books this year, but I think this is still my favorite so far ❤️
13. CREEPY DOLL — a cover too scary to look at
House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland
This cover creeps me out in the best way 😳
I tag you to do this Halloween monster tag!