Happy Pride Month!
This tag was originally created by Common Spence on Youtube!
1. Red (Life) – A book with a spirited protagonist totally proud of who they are. Someone who gives you LIFE!
Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas
“Spirited”. Get it 😅 Julian is so unapologetically himself. And this entire book gives me life.
2. Orange (Healing) – A book that made you, as the reader, find a deeper meaning or catharsis in your own life.
Not only is this book queer, but it deals heavily with mental illness. I was dealing with my own mental health struggles around the time that I was reading this so I really related to and empathized with the heroine.
3. Yellow (Sunshine) – A book that fills you with so much joy it could brighten even your darkest day.
Is there really any other choice for this prompt? I dare you not to smile while reading this series.
4. Green (Nature) – A book that is set out of this world — a reality different to our own.
This is a high fantasy set in a world that is dying. And while the heroine dreams of one day escaping the city, she must first discover a way to do so without dying from the blight. It’s also feature a pansexual MC and a poly relationship!
5. Blue (Peace) – A book where one of the characters finds peace with a difficult truth.
I might be stretching this one slightly… But these main characters definitely find a way to carve out a space for their happiness despite the lies they were told and the difficult things they experienced.
6. Purple (Spirit) – A book that deals with LGBT+ themes and religion.
This author has said that when she was younger she struggled to reconcile her religion with her sexuality. And that dichotomy is beautifully explored in this YA contemporary.
I tag YOU!!