PSL season is almost over, so I had to squeeze in this fun bookish tag before they’re gone!
This tag was originally created by Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads. Rules
- Link back to the original post (hint, it’s this one!)
- Thank the person who tagged you
- Do the prompts below
- Tag some friends
- Most importantly – have fun!
I did this post last year and wanted to revisit it this year with new books and recommendations!
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte: A book you didn’t think you’d love
I don’t ever pick up a book I think I will outright not like. But I tried reading City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty last year and wasn’t able to get into it. So I wasn’t sure how my second attempt would go this year. But I ended up loving this!
2. Hot Apple Cider: A book that got you a bit hot under the collar
Katee Robert, hands down, writes the STEAMIEST romances I’ve ever read. And Your Dad Will Do definitely tops that list. *fans self*
3. Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate: A book that felt like a warm hug
Dear Emmie Blue by Lia Louis was such a heartwarming book. This is definitely a story I could see myself reaching for again when I need a comfort read.
4. Maple Pecan Latte: A book you enjoyed that was hard to get into
House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas was definitely a bit of a slog to get through at first. But once the plot got going, I was completely hooked!
5. London Fog: A vanilla character
Both main characters in The Chase by Elle Kennedy were painfully boring…
6. Hot Buttered Rum: A book that was velvety smooth to read
I will never get over the beautiful writing in The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.
7. Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew: A character whose temperament is icy cold
Sebastian from Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore definitely starts off pretty icy. But I couldn’t help but love his broody character!
8. Salted Caramel Mocha: A book that you’re salty about
The sequel Girls With Razor Hearts by Suzanne Young was pointless and unnecessary. I’m still salty it exists and I wasted my time reading it….
9. Honey Bee Latte: A character who is sweet
The entire Heartstopper series is the epitome of sweet!
10. Gingerbread Latte: A character you’d take home for Christmas
I’m switching this question around a little. In Snapped by Alexa Martin, there is a Thanksgiving scene with some of the Mustangs’ families. I want to go to that holiday dinner!
If you haven’t done this tag yet this year, consider yourself tagged!